When I’m in a hurry and needed a quick sandwich, this is my go to, it won’t disappoint. It’s so simple but yummy. The key to this sandwich or toast, is that the egg has to be hard boiled perfectly. I cannot stress that enough! You don’t want an over cooked egg! Ready! Set! Cook!
- 1 or 2 hard boiled eggs
- 2 slices of your favorite bread, toasted
- Pesto, either homemade or store bought
- Sriracha, or hot sauce of your choice
- Salt and pepper
- Arugula or other greens (optional)
- Make the perfect hardboiled egg. Add egg to cold water. Bring to a boil. Immediately turn off heat. Slap a lid on the pan and set timer for no more than 7 minutes. While the eggs are bathing, fill a bowl or deep measuring cup with ice and ice water, super important. As soon as the timer beeps remove eggs from water and carefully place in the ice water. This stops your eggs from cooking and creates a perfect white and yolk.
- Once eggs are cooled. Peel and roughly chop them.
- Slather toast with pesto. Place eggs on top and swirl with hot sauce of your choice. Season with salt and pepper if you want. EAT!!!!!